Join Our Team
Deputy Farm Shop Manager
37hrs per week including 1 weekend in 4 – Starting Salary £18,278-£19,240
Based in our Farm Shop in Rowde, we are looking for an incredible person to work closely with our Farm Shop Manager to ensure that the shop always looks fantastic, meets all food safety and health & safety requirements, continues to grow it’s team of motivated and capable staff and always offers customers a warm welcome when they visit. We are a small business, growing in a difficult climate and as such there is a lot of potential for the successful candidate to grow their role and learn new soft and practical skills.
The role involves:-
- Performing opening and closing procedures including cash management.
- Supervising the staff in the absence of the Farm Shop Manager
- Operating the tills and scales efficiently
- Stock replenishment and tidying.
- Assisting Farm Shop Manager with and planning for merchandising the shop floor.
- Taking on the responsibility of the Cleaning Schedule and extra tasks when the Farm Shop Manager is not present.
- Ensuring the Spotty Dog Difference is applied to our customer experience consistently.
- Resolving customer queries and escalating if appropriate
- Maximizing all retail sales opportunities e.g. add on at the till and upsells/cross sells
- Achieving our sales targets and motivating the team to be a part of that
- Ensuring all staff comply with all HSE, Food Safety and Environmental, Fire Guidelines as laid out in our Compliance Folder.
- Assisting the Farm Shop Manager with staff support & development
The successful candidate will:-
- be a great team player with excellent communication skills.
- have an infectious positive and proactive attitude to day to day challenges
- have an eye for detail and be creative
- be an effective communicator
- be willing to learn and grow your skills & knowledge
- share our values and ethos
- recognize the importance of correctly and consistently maintaining our legal compliance obligations
- be driven to meet expectations and sales targets
- inspire the team whilst creating a fun, empowering & supportive environment
- recognize and focus on our team’s successes and encourage and support when it falls short
- want to contribute your ideas and feedback positively
- come to work each day and consistently take pride in doing a great job!
Some retail experience would be an advantage but the right attitude is more important – we can teach you the practical tactical stuff.
In return we offer:-
- 28 days annual holiday (pro rata)
- Staff training, support and development
- Generous staff discount upon completion of trial period
- Uniform as per company policy
- Pleasant working environment and staff only facilities
- Contributory Pension Scheme
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your CV and a covering note explaining a bit about the experience you’ve had that would transfer well to a role working with us to