(Makes 1 Traybake)
- 100g Butter
- 75g Black treacle
- 50g Golden syrup
- 150ml Milk
- 200g Freee self raising white flour
- 2 tsp Ground ginger
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 50g Caster sugar
- 1 Egg
- Butter for dish
ICING AND TOPPING
- 100G Icing sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Crystallized ginger
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some butter around the inside of a 20x25cm/8×10” baking tray or insert a cake liner.
- Put the butter, treacle, syrup and milk into a pan and heat gently until runny then remove from the heat.
- Measure the flour, ginger and mixed spice into a large bowl, add the sugar and blend them together well.
- Stir in the warm syrup mix.
- Break the egg into the bowl and beat well.
- Tip the mixture into the baking tray and smooth the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool the gingerbread in the tin.
Icing and Topping
- Put the ginger onto a place and slice it into small pieces.
- Sieve the icing sugar into a bowl, add the lemon juice and stir into a paste.
- Spread the paste over the cake.
- Place the prepared ginger on the wet icing.
- Leave to set before slicing.
20x25cm/8×10” baking tray, mixing bowl and saucepan
180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4