(Makes 6 Muffins)
- 150g Freee plain white flour
- 1 tbsp Freee baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g brown sugar
- 1 tbsp orange rind, grated
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- 100g carrots, grated
- 1 egg
- 50ml oil
CREAM CHEESE TOPPING:
- 25g icing sugar
- 100g cream cheese, full fat
FREE FROM GLUTEN, SOYA, WHEAT, NUTS – VEGETARIAN
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Stand six cupcake cases in the holes of a muffin or tart tray.
- Grate the orange rind, squeeze the juice and set both aside.
- Measure the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl stir to combine.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Finely grate the carrot into a mixing bowl, or blender and break the egg into the bowl.
- Add the oil, half the grated orange rind and the orange juice and beat together well.
- Add the prepared flour blend and mix again.
- Divide the mixture between the cupcake cases.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes.
Cream Cheese Topping
- Sieve the icing sugar into a bowl.
- Add the cream cheese and stir until combined.
- Spread the topping over the cold cupcakes.
- Sprinkle the remaining grated orange rind over the top
Paper cupcake cases, 12-hole muffin or tart tray , blender and 2 x mixing bowls
190°C, Fan 170°C, 375°F, Gas 5
You can find Freee from plain flour and Freee from self raising flour in the Farm Shop